We’ve sorted through the hundreds of grow lights available to find the best 1000 watt LED grow lights available right now. These are our top 10 when it comes to value and finding the right light for your plants.
|Product||Coverage Area||Life Span|
|King Plus 1000w||3.4′ x 3.8′||100,000 hrs||View on Amazon|
|BESTVA 1000W||5.1′ x 4.7′||100,000 hrs||View on Amazon|
|HIGROW 1000W||4′ x 3.5′||50,000+ hrs||View on Amazon|
|Recordcent 1000W||2.5′ x 2.8′||N/A||View on Amazon|
|Dimgogo 1000W||5.1′ x 4.7′||50,000+ hrs||View on Amazon|
|Growstar 1000W||5′ x 4′||100,000 hrs||View on Amazon|
|MAXSISUN Timer Control 1000W||4.5′ x 4.5′||100,000 hrs||View on Amazon|
|ColoFocus 1000W||3.5′ x 4′||N/A||View on Amazon|
|GoGrow V3||5′ x 5′||N/A||View on Amazon|
|Kind K5 XL1000||5′ x 5′||50,000+ hrs||View on Amazon|
- Top 1000w LED Grow Lights
- 1. King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- 2. Bestva 1000W LED Grow Light
- 3. HIGROW 1000W Double Chips LED Grow Light
- 4. Recordcent 1000W LED Grow Light
- 5. Dimgogo 1000W LED Grow Light
- 6. Growstar 1000W LED Grow Light
- 7. Maxsisun Timer Control 1000W LED Grow Light
- 8. ColorFocus 1000W LED Grow Light
- 9. GoGrow V3 Master Grower LED Grow Light
- 10. KIND LED K5-XL 1000
- How to Buy a Good 1000w Grow Light?
Top 1000w LED Grow Lights
The King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light performs far better than the competition. It uses 10w double chip LEDs which offer a bright, intense and energy efficient light system. The PAR to lumen output is outstanding, especially as most 1000w systems can’t compete with the larger models, and are less efficient than the smaller models.
The King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light is super energy efficient. It only draws 185-watts of power from the wall and provides many more spectrums of light than what your plant needs during photosynthesis. The King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light provides:
- Yellow light
- Red light
- Blue light
These light spectrums are crucial for your plants to grow to their full potential. These lights use a construction that ties the cooling system more closely than ever into the lighting system.
The LED boards are thick to absorb and then disperse the heat. There’s also the holes in the glass cover which allow heat to naturally exit the light area, rather than run the risk of overheating. These holes make a big difference because you’re allowing the lights to “breath” rather than sit in their heat.
- Very low power draw
- 100 – 10w Epistar LEDs
- The lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Easy to install
- Full spectrum
- No adjustable parameters
- No veg/bloom switches
2. Bestva 1000W LED Grow Light
Are you in search of a professional grow light that is guaranteed to deliver higher yields? Look no further than the Bestva 1000W LED Grow Light.
Unlike traditional planting lights, Bestva use ten kinds of LED chips to generate a true and optimal full spectrum that emulates natural sunlight.
The effective spectrum range of 380 to 730 nm generates high photosynthetic active radiation that your plants desperately need in different growth stages.
Has a superior light compensation point, which simply means that the PAR output matches the requirements of your plants at different stages of growth.
The cooling system is remarkable. The fans are low noise and high performing, and the aluminum cooling vents provide sufficient cool air.
- Dual chip technology is much brighter than traditional ones
- An optimal full spectrum that’s beneficial for all stages of growth
- Excellent cooling fan and venting system
- Wider coverage of up to 5.1 x 4.7 feet
- Maintains high PAR output at different heights
- May arrive with defective bulb (s)
- No daisy connection
3. HIGROW 1000W Double Chips LED Grow Light
If a high-performance double chip grows light is what you are after, then look no further than the HIGROW 1000W LED Grow Light.
The double chip LEDs are rated at 10 watts; so, they are extremely bright with a higher penetration rate than traditional lights.
The double chip design features mixed LED angles and higher lumen/PAR output at different growing heights. So, your plants get to grow healthier and stronger at all stages.
Heat dissipation is at a premium as far as this model is concerned. The large low noise fan, as well as aluminum heat sink vents, ensure the light operates under optimal temperatures.
Energy efficiency is a premium, as well. The HIGROW 1000W LED Grow Light only consumes 200 watts, which are sufficient for illuminating a 4 x 3.5 feet growing room/tent.
- Super bright 10-watt double chip LEDs
- High PAR output at various growing heights
- Advanced full spectrum delivers natural light
- Excellent heat dissipation maintains normal temperatures
- Highly energy efficient than conventional products
- Comes with a daisy chain outlet
- No adjustable rope hanger available
4. Recordcent 1000W LED Grow Light
Over eight hundred indoor growers are fully satisfied with the performance of the Recordcent 1000W LED Grow Light. Your plants will no longer be stunted.
One of the things that growers like about this light is the double chip LED technology, which is super bright compared to traditional 3W and 1W LED chips.
The double chip LEDs are highly energy-conscious. They only consume approximately 120 to 130 watts to deliver high-intensity illumination for a long time.
The full spectrum produced is customizable and dimmable, increasing canopy penetration while maintaining high PAR output at different distances.
This system will hardly heat up during extended use, thanks to its two cooling fans and superior heat sink vents that keep the light cooler for longer.
- Brighter and efficient double chip LEDs
- Customizable and dimmable spectrum has higher penetration
- Two cooling fans and heat sink cooling vents for overheat protection
- High PAR output supports healthier plant growth
- Highly energy efficient and economical
- Some packages may not come with installation gear
5. Dimgogo 1000W LED Grow Light
It is time you upgraded from conventional grow lights to a triple chip LED grow light with the Dimgogo 1000W LED Grow Light.
Unlike double chips, the triple chip LED technology guarantees a much faster growth. The LEDs are not just super bright, but they also provide higher penetration.
The triple chip LEDs generate an optimal full spectrum that includes UV, IR, white, blue, and red wavelengths. It is an almost identical replica of natural sunlight.
It undoubtedly has a powerful cooling system that consists of two large low noise fans and upgraded aluminum heat sink vents for optimal cooling.
This grow light is also energy saving. It is engineered to use approximately 185 watts of power, saving you a lot of money on electricity bills.
- Triple chip LEDs that are brighter than traditional chips
- Maintains a balance between coverage and PAR/lumen output
- An optimal full spectrum that includes UV, IR, white, blue, and red wavelengths
- A very energy-saving design that cuts down on costs
- Power cooling system that maintains normal temperatures
- May begin to flicker when the cord is lost
- At least a row of LEDs may burn out
6. Growstar 1000W LED Grow Light
Introducing the Growstar 1000W LED Grow Light. This model comes with 120 Epistar and Bridgeluxe LEDs that operate at about two watts each.
It comes with a 90° optical lens engineered to generate high lumen and PAR output in order to ensure healthy plant growth and minimum light loss.
The veg/bloom switch is selectable and remarkably easy to operate. The full spectrum produced includes IR and UV beams that provide your plants with sufficient illumination.
This is a more economical choice compared to traditional 1000W grow lights, requiring only 400 watts to deliver high-intensity illumination.
- Produces high lumen/PAR output to reduce light loss
- Optimal full spectrum offers canopy penetration
- Easy to use selectable veg/bloom switch
- A cost-effective choice that consumes only 400 watts instead of 1000 watts
- Wider coverage of up to 5 x 4 feet
- Optimal cooling system
- May be difficult to contact the manufacturer
- No daisy chain outlet
7. Maxsisun Timer Control 1000W LED Grow Light
Elevate your planting experience with the Timer Control 1000W LED Grow Light by Maxsisun. It is one of the smartest design in the industry.
Ninety-degree reflector design magnifies PAR and lumen output. It also increases vertical penetration of light by about 150 percent, providing bigger yields.
The full spectrum produced by the Maxsisun chips for all indoor plant types. In fact, the spectrum has a wider coverage of up to 4 x 4 feet.
Brightness control is at a premium. You can separately dim the light channels from 0 to 100 percent, allowing you to select optimal illumination for your plants.
A feature unique to the Maxsisun grow light is the built-in timer, which allows you to program the unit to turn lights on/off automatically.
- Built-in timer for automatic settings
- High-performance reflector design maximizes PAR and lumen output
- Adjustable brightness optimum performance
- Effective full spectrum is suitable for all indoor plant types
- Energy saving LEDs use only 414 watts for superior illumination
- The smart cooling system maintains normal temperatures
- No daisy chain connection
- Flickering is possible after a while
8. ColorFocus 1000W LED Grow Light
It may not be a high-end model, but it is surely one of the finest in the market. It is an ideal choice for indoor plant growing and flowering.
10 watts rated double chip LEDs produce superior brightness for optimum lighting, and they use approximately 110 to 120 watts to maintain high performance.
The full spectrum produced by the double chip LEDs comprises of IR, blue, and red light. All three lights combined promote healthier plant growth and bigger yields.
This model features Zener diode technology, which protects individual LEDs. Therefore, one burned out LED will not interfere with the others.
The heat dissipation system is revolutionary. It is made up of two powerful cooling fans along with high-performance heat sink cooling vents.
- Double chip LEDs that are energy efficient
- IR light that promotes cell division to improve growth
- Zener diode system that protects each LED
- Innovative heat dissipation that cools the internal thermal cycle
- Uniform color blending for superior plant growth
- White light is limited
- Incredibly noisy than usual
9. GoGrow V3 Master Grower LED Grow Light
The GoGrow V3 Master is a high performance 1000W grow light that will transform your plant growing experience. It’s time you get higher yields.
The GoGrow brand understands that the optimal full spectrum is crucial for the production of high and effective PAR that supports plant growth and guarantees higher yields.
Comes with a very robust design, which features six powerful, low noise fans that ensure the light operates under normal temperatures to avoid a meltdown.
The chip technology used delivers superior light penetration that is suitable for cloning, flowering, vegetative growth, and seedling.
Even though it doesn’t have a daisy chain function, the GoGrow V3 Master Grower has a wider coverage of up to 5 x 5 feet for vegetative and 4 x4 feet for flowering.
- No bulb replacement after every yield
- A superior cooling system that ensures the optimum temperature
- No ducting or ballast needed
- Highly energy efficient, reducing power costs
- Wider coverage of up to 5 x 5 feet
- No daisy chain function
- Fans are noisier than usual
10. KIND LED K5-XL 1000
- Extra-large area coverage
- Internal Timer
- Fully customizable spectrum
KIND LED has a long-standing reputation as one of the best grow light brands available, and even better they have models that cater to professionals and models that cater to hobbyists. With the KIND LED K5-XL 1000 grow light you can ensure that you’re getting everything you pay for.
Overall, the energy efficiency of this grows lamp will help you save money on electric bills in the long run compared to if you were running a traditional HID light system. It’s worth the initial investment. The KIND LED K5-XL 1000 grow light has a super quiet cooling fan system which runs the whole time the lights are on to prevent any overheating.
This light is fully adjustable which is a major benefit over many of the other grow light options as you can change any of the parameters within the light spectrums. This function makes it very versatile, which is great if you’re trying different strains out in each cycle.
The downside of adjustable parameters is that you’ll need to go through a few growth cycles before you can find which parameters work best for you and your plants.
- Fully adjustable
- Easy to setup
- Great cooling system
- Very quiet
- Internal Timer
- Low intensity
- Mid-quality LEDs
How to Buy a Good 1000w Grow Light?
When it comes to value you always want a light that offers full spectrum lighting, and intensity. These 2 factors make up the most of what you should consider. However, you should also look at other aspects such as ease of use, and the possibility of installing multiple units together.
Aside from finding out whether your lights are truly full spectrum or not you should also determine whether or not the light’s you’re interested in providing both light spectra. When you’re growing indoors, you want to focus on achieving both the absorption spectrum and the action spectrum.
The absorption spectrum includes the light wavelengths that assist plants in absorbing nutrients and light during photosynthesis. Clearly, this is important to ensure that your plant gets everything it could need.
The action spectrum is the light that is most efficient and effective for photosynthesis. The light wavelengths which stimulate photosynthesis to fall into this category. Both categories are extremely important to a plant’s growth, and development. If the light is lacking in either category, you can expect to see a drastic drop in growth and bud production.
PAR and More
When you’re considering what a great value means regarding grow lights, the term PAR is thrown around a lot. PAR is the light spectrums that help your plants during photosynthesis. As discussed before there are 2 primary umbrella spectrums regarding photosynthesis, but there’s a bit more to consider.
What you want to avoid is a lot of “white light.” Unfortunately, manufacturers of grow lights have marketed white light as a benefit for years, and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Instead of buying into the hype of fake white light, look for a grow light that has some white light but, not a lot.
Manufacturers are selling a mixture of green and yellow light as “white light.” Although these are beneficial light spectrums, they don’t fit into the PAR definition. Your plants can benefit from them, but they don’t do anything for photosynthesis.
Intensity, or sometimes called brightness, is how the light shines and how deeply it can penetrate into the canopy. Many growers have no problem keeping their plants thriving until they grow and their leaves thicken out. The issue of the canopy can seriously impact your yield, potency, and the overall health of the plant.
With intensity, you’re looking for something that can pierce the canopy without issue. But, you don’t want a light the shines so brightly it creates heat or possibly burns your plant’s leaves. Although you want your plants to get tons of light with UVA and UVB rays you want to protect them as well.
Intensity is all about balance. An unregulated light system will cause issues, but a light with low or no intensity won’t be able to help your plants grow and develop.
The needs for intensity can also vary by strain. You should always do a bit of research on the strain you’ll be working with before you buy any equipment. Focus on the individual plant’s need to ensure premium growth and potency.
Overall the King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light is the top pick because it’s focused on providing a full spectrum of light and long life rather than a bunch of other benefits.
Although there’s no veg and bloom, switch the focus is entirely on blue, red, ultraviolet and infrared rays. With proper timing you’ll have no problem getting the maximum growth out of your plans with the King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light.
The area coverage is substantial for up to 7 plants which is more than enough for most hobbyists. If you’re looking for a more professional environment, you can easily daisy chain multiple units together.
The King Plus 1000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light will last you for years, as they use high-quality LEDs.